i am daylights

a highly inflamed sense of event

Monday, December 18, 2006

so what about this year?

in a few:

i'm getting older; wiser? i'm learning i can't party like i used to; i can barely drink. we all attribute our problem to age...after 24 or so, everything unfortunate is due to age. i traveled the perfect amount, but i didn't fall in love with enough music. i "can cook" now, and i've redevoted myself to avid estate sailing to buy "crap" to drive everyone crazy. i feel more comfortable in my body now, and i have terry to thank for that. i knew i would. with him, it's been a year of laughing. who ever knew i was so silly? i'm learning my vulnerabilities, and nearly, i'm becoming more vulnerable. well i guess that's what a weak person would say. compared to one year ago, i am markedly stronger. i'm learning not to reveal any of this. or rather, i should be! i've spent a year watching loads of change affect everyone around me, almost a despairing amount. but some, i fear, have not changed at all. my friends came steps closer. i earned less money. i danced just enough. i didn't eat enough sushi. i shopped too much. i didn't keep my hair dyed black or my room clean. so many things never change.

next year i will try very, very hard to understand what i am capable of.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home